Saturday, January 15, 2011

Florence and one funky machine

Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine is one feisty female that puts that extra bit of energy into every song. She swings from one high to the next, surrounded by a good dose of foot stomping and hand clapping to add the extra kick to her sometimes dark, but pensive lyrics.


red [lips]
cc thanks to Kon Males
Florence has got a voice that should fill concert halls, but it's worth squeezing her into your headphones anyway. I'd describe her like a dark red lipstick- daring and sexy, with just a touch of morbid.


Try... the popular Kiss With A Fist, if you've never heard it. I quite like the flow of Dog Days Are Over myself, also from her debut Lungs (a consistent and strong effort, I'd say.) 

Listen to... Florence + the Machine if you can handle a strong voice and a little violence in your love songs.   'Falling's not the problem, when I'm falling I'm at peace.
It's only when I hit the ground it causes all the grief'
-Falling

1 comment:

  1. El, you are a brilliant writer! I like the try... and listen to... parts that you have added. Love you long time!

    ReplyDelete