Sunday, January 23, 2011

Listen to the post

I've recently been listening to some bands that I hadn't given much attention to in a while and The Postal Service charmed me once again.

(89/365) One day this will be extinct
cc thanks to Sarah G
They start off with little catchy electronic intros that could be signaling your next favourite electro head-bopper, but then twist into their own special direction with a casual and cool voice that sounds all too familiar. If you have any Death Cab for Cutie in your playlist (which, honestly, you really should), you'll know I'm talking about the somehow endearing Ben Gibbard. He teems up here with producer Jimmy Tamborella (of Dntel) in a combination that meshes just right. The fact that the two look eerily similar doesn't hurt either.


They only brought out one full album, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting much more, but the project worked well and caused quite the ripple effect. Their singles even feature covers of their songs by greats like Iron & Wine and the Shins, which I thought was quite snazzy.

Try... Such Great Heights of which I was not the only big fan,as a quick wiki search will tell you. Also, Be Still My Heart is a good example of how
well the two's styles mix.                                      

Listen to The Postal Service... to discover that electro and pop can work well together

I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
-Such Great Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment