Friday, May 20, 2011

can I be close to you?

I was going to make this a part of longer post on music videos, but now it's a gorgeous, sunny Friday morning and this song just fits. *happiness*



I like how the Paper Kites have layered this songs, without it loosing any of it's quiet smoothness. The whistling with the different acoustic instruments makes it just a little quirky while being quite melodious and sweet.

The lyrics are a like a love poem- the good, sincere kind, no roses are red cheesiness. I really appreciate love songs like this, that you can hear are a reflection of something deep and special, that just happened to escape into the outer world. True love songs are not written to be heard by the others, and that's what makes them so great.

Hoping you're having a great Friday.

Oh, the whole world is sleeping, 
But my world is you. 
Can I be close to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment